Director, Data Management
This Director, Data Management will lead the design and development of data and analytics solutions on an AWS hosted platform, build and motivate a high performing team of data engineers, advise and inform the executive team regarding technology solutions that can maximize business value, and provide necessary leadership to establish the strategic framework for success. This leader will need to have strong collaboration skills to manage an agile product / tech portfolio of solutions, promote cross-functional partnerships with Strategy, Engineering, Product and Testing teams and champion change while delivering measurable results.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to come on board and provide their transformational vision and passion with the team, and to be part of fast growing technology team. The ability to balance big-picture vision with an approach that is process-oriented with detailed execution at all times is crucial to be successful in this role.
If you are a talented, creative, and motivated engineer at heart who loves developing performant, scalable resilient data platforms – and you’re excited to lead a team of individuals with that same passion – join us!
- Act as the Engineering Team Leader and Senior Technical subject matter expert including hands-on technical mentorship of engineering team via architecture design reviews, code reviews, etc.
- Develop strategic technology plans linked to business objectives so that technology competencies are responsive to business requirements.
- Establish the technical direction for the team, driving the necessary changes and making appropriate technology choices working collaboratively with the Strategy and Architecture team.
- Collaborate with Product Management team to define technical requirements and design clarity based on the business requirements.
- Drive a DevOps mentality emphasizing continuous integration, release management and automated testing to maximize development agility and improve time to market.
- Communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate.
- Be conscientious, reliable and inquisitive with a keen desire to learn, not just gain the knowledge necessary for the job but also the underlying reasons and drivers.
- Research and manage relationships with external vendors to determine technical merit, integration opportunities and competitive intelligence.
- Ability to lead others toward technical accomplishment, as a collaborative project team, in order to achieve defined goals. Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within the team.
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a talented, opinionated team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise development resources, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Ability to collaborate, propose solutions and advise on the best course of action.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in an advanced analytics/engineering or consulting role preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing software development team of 4-7 engineers, delivering big data solutions on a cloud platform, on AWS with HADOOP, SPARK, HIVE, PIG, REDSHIFT, Etc.
- 5+ years of experience with a programming language such Scala, R, Python
- An understanding of large scale computing solutions, including software design and development, database architectures, IP networking, security, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of cloud security, orchestration, management.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
We offer full health coverage, generous PTO, great office culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AdTheorent™ is the world’s first Predictive Targeting platform for mobile. Learn more here.
AdTheorent is a technology company that is transforming advertising through data-driven predictive solutions. AdTheorent’s machine learning, tracking and deep linking technologies combine to maximize engagement and awareness for advertisers.
Learn more about our culture here: http://www.adtheorent.com/careers